The Dent County Health Center has confirmed a fourth confirmed case of COVID-19 in Dent County. This brings the total number of confirmed positive cases in Dent County to four. This individual is directly linked to the Great Circle St. James campus outbreak. CDC Isolation guidelines have been implemented and close contacts have been identified. No other information will be provided about the patient.
No locations of potential exposure in Dent County have been identified at this time.
If any locations are identified, the center will release that information. It is important to remember that every activity that involves contact with others has some degree of risk. To reduce risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19, follow these basic preventative measures:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
• Wear a mask when a distance of 6ft cannot be maintained
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you are sick
• Cover coughs and sneezes
• Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently
If you suspect that you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, and are experiencing symptoms, call your healthcare provider to let them know before seeking care. It is critical that your provider is aware that you may have COVID-19 prior to your arrival at a healthcare facility, and that you follow all instructions for arriving at a healthcare facility.