Salem High School released information regarding the Class of 2020 graduation ceremony scheduled for 7 p.m. June 5.
As a reminder, the football stadium is a tobacco free/vape free zone.
The stadium will open 1.5 hours prior to graduation. Handicapped seating is available on the track, with entry through the east gate. (Ambulance entrance)
All other visitors will enter by the main gate. The line will form to the east with 6’ social distance in the waiting line.
Every person entering the stadium must have a ticket, regardless of age.
The ceremony will be streamed at https://twitch.tv/ksmo1340.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be postponed with two alternate dates in place: 10 a.m. June 6 or 5 p.m. June 6.
A few regulations have been put in place for visitors:
• Once visitors have entered the venue they will not be allowed to re-enter.
• Visitors may sit in the bleachers but need to skip a row between visitors and maintain 6’ between groups.
• Visitors may bring lawn chairs, sitting to the north or south of the bleachers
• The track will have 250 chairs set up, in groups of five.
• Visitors are to keep social distance from other groups of spectators.
At the conclusion of the graduation ceremony:
One half of the graduates will be exiting the stadium and walking up the circle drive; the other half will spread out on the east side of the track.
When students exit the stadium or relocate on the track, please make your way to your graduate.
We will not create a large crowd at the conclusion of the ceremony. Please help us maintain the environment.
If you do not feel well, stay home. Bring your own water; there will be no concession services. Restrooms will be continually cleaned for the entirety of the graduation ceremony. Hand sanitizer will be located outside the concession stand, restrooms, and at the end of the rows on the track.
All updates will be posted to the Salem R-80 Website https://www.salemr80.org/