Between the dates of Aug. 1 and 14 there was a total of 248 calls for service. Officers with the Salem Police Department conducted eight traffic stops for various traffic violations.
Of the calls for service and traffic stops the following reports were generated:
• An officer was dispatched to Casey’s at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 1 on Missouri Highway 32 for a report of property damage. It was reported that a subject had their tire slashed while they were at the bowling alley. The estimated value to replace the tire was $84. This incident is still under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to the lobby of the Salem Police Department at 9:10 p.m. Aug. 2 for a report of a theft. It was reported that a female had left her wallet at Walmart and it was turned in at the service desk. The female reported that when she retrieved it from the service desk, $200 in cash had been taken out of it. A subsequent investigation was conducted and as a result a 42-year-old Salem female was arrested and issued summons to appear in court for stealing.
• An officer was dispatched to the 700 block of Thomas Avenue at 8:17 p.m. Aug. 3 for a report of a theft from a motor vehicle. It was reported that $310 worth of items were taken out of his truck while it was parked at his residence and he was out of town. This incident is still under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to the intersection of Pershing and Center at 9:05 a.m. Aug. 5 for a report of a suspicious vehicle. During the investigation one of the occupants was seen to be in possession of a syringe that later field tested positive for methamphetamine. As a result, a 23-year-old male was arrested and incarcerated at the Dent County Jail pending the application of warrants.
• An officer was dispatched to a disturbance call at the 500 block of North Jackson at 2:50 a.m. Aug. 9. As a result of the investigation it was found that one of the parties involved had an active Phelps County warrant for their arrest. A 28-year-old Salem female was arrested and incarcerated on the warrant.
• An officer was dispatched to Walmart at 7:25 p.m. Aug. 12 for a report of a shoplifter. It was reported that a 23-year-old West Plains female had stolen $23.38 worth of merchandise. The female was arrested and later released on summons to appear in court.
• At approximately 3:33 P.M. Aug. 14 an officer contacted a female at 3:33 p.m. Aug. 14 that he knew to have an active warrant for her arrest. As a result, a 33-year-old Salem female was arrested on a Crawford County warrant. The female was incarcerated at the Dent County Jail awaiting extradition.
Contact the Salem Police Department at (573) 729-4242 if you have any information regarding an investigation ongoing or previously mentioned.