According to reports received from the Salem Police Department:
• Officers were dispatched to a business at 10:39 p.m. Feb. 7 for a report of shoplifting. As a result of the investigation a 26-year-old Salem male was arrested and issued summons for shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia. The value of the items stolen was $29.99.
• An officer conducted a traffic stop at 12:58 p.m. Feb. 10 of a vehicle for not having taillights or visibly displaying registration. During the stop it was found the driver had a revoked driving status and did not have proof of insurance. The driver, a 29-year-old Bucyrus male, was arrested and the vehicle was towed. During an inventory of the vehicle marijuana and paraphernalia were located. The driver was released on summons to appear in court.
• An officer was contacted at the Salem Police Department at 3:46 p.m. Feb. 10 in reference to stealing. It was reported that numerous transactions were fraudulently taking place with a woman’s bank account. The total amount of money missing from the account was $151. The incident is still under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to Walmart at 6:12 p.m. Feb. 12 for a report of a shoplifter. It was found that a male subject had stolen $49.48 worth of merchandise. As a result of the investigation a 48-year-old Salem male was arrested and issued a summons to appear in court.
• An officer was contacted at the Salem Police Department at 10:23 a.m. Feb. 13 about a stolen truck. The truck was reported missing from the City of Salem Electric Department. The truck is described as a white 2000 Chevy ¾ ton with a utility bed. The truck had a City of Salem logo on the truck. This incident is still under investigation.
• An officer conducted a traffic stop at the intersection of Gertrude and Mary streets at 2:47 p.m. Feb 13. As a result of the traffic stop investigation a 28-year-old Salem male was arrested for outstanding warrants out of Crawford County and possession of a controlled substance.
Please contact the Salem Police Department at (573) 729-4242 if you have any information regarding an investigation ongoing or previously mentioned.