The Salem Board of Aldermen will meet 5:45 p.m. Monday at the Salem Community Center @ the Armory for a special called meeting. The Salem News received notice of the meeting from the City of Salem 1:30 p.m. Friday.
Also called by mayor Brad Nash is a joint meeting of the capital improvements and finance committees to immediately follow the aldermen meeting.
The aldermen agenda includes:
• An ordinance (Bill No. 3481) that authorizes the mayor to execute contract change order No. 10 between the City of Salem and Smith and Edwards Construction, for the Hwy. 19 sewer extension project. The cost of the change order is $48,414, according to the agenda.
• A resolution (No. 18-2021) amending the City of Salem payment plan for customers of city utilities.
The June 7 aldermen meeting was cancelled following the June 6 death of West Ward Alderman Kenny Nash.
The agenda for the June 7 meeting included two hearing of persons and committee appointments by the mayor, but those items are not on the Monday agenda.
After the aldermen meeting adjourns, the joint meeting of the Capital Improvements Committee and the Finance Committee are to consider:
• an update on utility billing.
• other updates since last meeting.
• a proposed 2021-2022 budget (including capital improvements projects).