The Salem Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center are located at 200 South Main Street on Highway 19. Co-located in the center are the chamber and the Salem Area Community Betterment Association.
Tourism information available there includes area information and events, scenic driving tours, maps and brochures on local attractions. Volunteers are provided by SACBA to assist tourists with travel information. The center’s hours are generally 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The chamber of commerce mission is to support an atmosphere that enables local businesses to grow and prosper. The chamber works to accomplish its purpose by providing members with exposure, networking and promotional opportunities. Invest in your local businesses and shop locally every chance you get. The chamber also advertises and promotes tourism for the Salem area.
Some examples of chamber functions include:
• Use of social media and website to highlight tourism, local businesses and events
• A comprehensive business directory published in conjunction with Salem Publishing Company
• Development and distribution of restaurant, shopping and visitor guides
• July 4th Parade and Christmas Parade of Lights, which provides family fun for the entire community
• Display and distribution of member business cards and promotional materials
• Advertising Salem as a tourist destination
• Sponsorship of the annual Business Expo that advertises and promotes chamber member businesses
Annual events of the chamber, along with membership meetings and networking opportunities, include:
• Rally America 100 Acre Wood, February
• Business Expo, early spring
• Fourth of July Parade, July 4
• Awards dinner, early November
• Christmas Parade of Lights, first Saturday in December
• Harlem Ambassadors’ Event returning in 2016
• Salem Chamber Rodeo coming Labor Day weekend 2015