Alumni weekend is back for its fourth year, organized by Salem R-80 School Foundation and Alumni Association.
• Friday Night Lights as the Tigers face off against Mountain Grove at 7 p.m.
• Homecoming festivities begin at 6:15 p.m. Alumni weekend volunteers will sell shirts and host a silent auction for a signed football by the 2019 Tigers.
• The 1998 and 1999 football Tiger alumni will be recognized at halftime.
• Seniors of 2020 will be recognized for football, cheerleading and band.
• Pancake Breakfast at Salem High School cafeteria. A bounce house will be in the gym for kids to enjoy.
• Salem Tiger Youth Football games at the football field, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
• Softball and baseball game 2 p.m. at Al Brown fields. This year's alumni game will be for softball and baseball-loving alumni (and you didn't have to play at SHS to participate). It will be a slow pitch co-ed softball game (or games).
• Concert 5 p.m. Saturday, doors open at 4:30 p.m. Co-headliner is class of 1999 Salem alum Hector Anchondo. Dawson Hollow will follow around 6:45 p.m. Admission costs $5 online, or $4 in person, with 50 percent of the profits going back to the schools and the remainder paying for the concert costs.
After the concert, take a loop around the cruise route.
“One aspect about the concert that is cool is that the ticketholder can choose who their donation benefits. Each ticket will have a spot to write in an organization such as a sports team, club, organization, or academic program,” said one of the alumni weekend organizers, Alex Sellers, class of 2007.
The concert will be held at the newly renovated Salem Civic Theatre (Old City Hall).
Several classes will host reunions over the weekend, including Class of 2009, 10 years, Salem Country Club beginning at 6 p.m.; Class of 1999, 20 years, Old City Hall, 5-10 p.m.; Class of 1994, 25 years; and Class of 1989, 30 years.
T-shirts are designed by Buddy Daboin (SHS class of 2006) at Branson Screenprinting. Follow the Salem R-80 Alumni Association on Facebook for events and details.