The Dent County Health Center Board of Trustees met Sept. 19.
Flu shots are now available at the Health Center on a walk-in basis. Three types of quadrivalent flu vaccine are offered: Flulaval (for ages 6 mos and up), Flublok (for egg allergies), and High Dose Fluzone (for ages 65 and up). The center can bill private insurance as well as child Medicaid. Flu shots are $37 for adults who are uninsured. If you are interested in a flu shot clinic at your place of business or job site, call 573-729-3106.
It was reported that outpatient lab services were provided to 81 clients the month of August.
Due to ongoing building repairs, the prep visit with SEMA was rescheduled for Dec. 13 at the Health Center. Eric Fuchs, emergency planner, will be in attendance. Director Kendra Mobray eported a MOSWIN Radio was installed at the Health Center to improve communication with emergency responders in the event of a disaster.
Based on results from a Community Health Needs Assessment conducted by SMDH, substance abuse continues to be a priority health issue for Dent County. Health Center staff remains active in the Prevention Coalition and is also participating in Dent County’s newly established Crisis Intervention Team.
• Expenses for August 2019 were approved.
• The board approved the minutes for the August 2019 regular meeting and special meeting.
• Mobray reported the Show-Me Healthy Women application was approved by the CDC. The WISEWOMAN application is still pending. Ashley Peyton will be coordinating both projects and hopes to have services available before the end of this year.
• Roma Jones and Chrysta Hinderliter will attend breastfeeding peer counseling training in early October.
• Communicable Disease: 2 cases of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, 1 Erlichia Chaffeensis, 2 Campylobacteriosis, 1 Cryptosporidiosis, and 2 animal bites were investigated in August.
• Mobray explained to the Board the Biennial audit is due. Maloney, Wright and Robbins CPAs has completed the Agreed Upon Procedures in the past.
Bob Parsons, Sandra Headrick, Shirley Larson, Dennis Floyd, Roma Jones and Kendra Mobray were in attendance. Kim Smith joined via conference call.
The next regular board meeting date was set for 5 p.m. Oct. 17.