• Scarecrow and snowman reversible sign party at Main Street Café, hosted by Shelly Kerr, starting at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Community Wide Yard Sale is Saturday, with some sales beginning Friday, around Salem and Dent County.
• The 56th Annual Rose Holland Trout Derby at Montauk State Park will be held Friday and Saturday. See feature story on 1A in today’s edition for more information.
• The Montauk Rural Fire Department is hosting the Seventh Annual Ham & Beans Dinner and Deer Hunter’s Raffle from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday. It will be located at the Montauk Rural Fire Department Firehouse at 2742 Hwy 119, Salem. There is a cost; raffles are available.
• First Baptist Church is hosting a Fall Revival from Oct. 6-9. Festivities will begin with music and fireworks 7 p.m. Saturday. Make sure to bring a chair or blanket, and join the church family on the grounds beside the pavilion for a great time. Revival services begin Sunday at 10:15 a.m. and will continue each night at 6:30 p.m. through Oct. 9. Evangelist is Rob Turner. Nursery care is provided for children ages three and under.
• Riverways Pregnancy and Family Resource Center will host its annual fundraiser, Walk for Life 5K Fun Run and Walk and bake auction. The event kicks off at 9 a.m. Oct. 19 at the center, 1600 Doss Road. Immediately following the 5K, a bake auction will be held. Participants can register by Oct. 10 to ensure a t-shirt. Late registrations will be taken until the day of the event. For more information or to obtain a registration form, call 739-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Salem High School Alumni Association’s fourth annual Alumni Weekend is Oct. 11-12. Events being planned for the weekend include: Tiger game at 7 p.m. with homecoming festivities, a silent auction, t-shirt sales, a reunion of the successful 1998 and 1999 Salem Tiger football teams with halftime recognition, a Saturday pancake breakfast, Salem Tiger Youth Football games at the football field; softball and baseball game 2 p.m. at Al Brown fields; Saturday concert at the Old City Hall by Hector Anchondo and Dawson Hollow. Several classes will hold reunions over the weekend, including the Class of 2009, 10 years; Class of 1999, 20 years; Class of 1994, 25 years; and Class of 1989, 30 years.
Keep up to date on upcoming events by visiting thesalemnewsonline.com or watching the calendar on 2B of each issue of The Salem News.