The Alice Lou Craig Municipal Swimming Pool opened May 25 for the summer season. Hours are Monday through Saturday, noon until 7 p.m.; Sunday, 1-6 p.m. Ages 3-17, $4; adults, $5; and 62 and up are $4. Family passes are available, as well as individual passes and pool party reservations. Swimming lessons are available during three sessions. For more information, call 729-6290.
- Salem man charged after cache of meth and guns discovered
- Boss man sentenced to 25 years for sodomy
- Salem MFA coop sold to MFA Incorporated
- Midwest Titans: From traveling team to baseball program; major growth over six years
- Madeline Houston Gordon
- FOOTBALL: Ball helps East gain victory in Grin Iron Classic
- HDC breaks ground for gym, fitness center expansion
- New nuisance codes would expand violations, add hearings
- ALDERMEN: P&Z plans to hold workshop on marijuana zoning
- Officials debate need for elevator or new courtroom next to jail
My first memory of walking into the MFA coop in Salem over two decades ago was the smell. It was the same smell that decades before that visit, I smelled when accompanying my grandfather to a feed store near Jackson, Missouri, close to where he had a small cattle operation.
There is a trend emerging at meetings of local elected boards that has me a bit concerned. In many instances these days, the meetings are only lasting a few minutes, with many of the decisions being made behind closed doors, far from the oversight of not only our elected officials, but repor…